Tuesday 20 December 2011

Unleashed Review


Title: Unleashed (Wolf Springs Chronicles #1)
Author: Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie
Publication Date: November 22, 2011
Published By: Delacorte Books
Format: Hardcover, 382 pages

*I purchased this book*

Summary
Katelyn McBride’s life changed in an instant when her mother died. Uprooted from her California home, Katelyn was shipped to the middle of nowhere, Arkansas, to her only living relative, her grandfather. And now she has to start over in Wolf Springs, a tiny village in the Ozark Mountains. Like any small town, Wolf Springs has secrets. But the secrets hidden here are more sinister than Katelyn could ever imagine. It’s a town with a history that reaches back centuries, spans continents, and conceals terrifying truths. And Katelyn McBride is about to change everything. 
Broken families, ageless grudges, forced alliances, and love that blooms in the darkest night—welcome to Wolf Springs.

My Thoughts
Unleashed has a cover that screams READ ME! So I did, and I was a little underwhelmed. Things happen but you get little to no reaction from Kate, her attitude undermines everything, so as a reader I didn't really get to attached or care about her problems. She also didn't have much in the way of personality, basically I was bored.
The love triangle was pathetic, the main love interest  Trick was the only character in the book I really liked. He comes into the story early on, he's a friend of Kateltyn's Grandfather and he is really sweet but not too much, he has a bit of mystery to him, he's confidant and and he's not pushy. The feelings between them seem natural and grow at a more natural pace. Enter Justin, other than the fact that he rides a motorcycle he scores no points from me. Him and Katelyn are hot and heavy for each other from literally the very second she lays eyes on him, and here's the frustrating part, there is NO reason for it. You get maybe the hint of reason near the end but even that's not clear. I saw no point to his existence in this story at all other than to irritate me.
Aside from this the story does have some cool mythology, a well of secrets, and a lot of shady situations. This is what kept me reading, but through all the mystery that kept me page turning I got to then end and was left with a huge cliff hanger and very little answers. I'm assuming some of this will be cleared up in book 2 (at least I hope), but in the end Unleashed was just that, a lot of build-up and absolutely no release, so where amI supposed to have found satisfaction in the reading of this story? I'm giving it 2 stars....read at your own risk.

Unleashed (Wolf Springs Chronicles, #1)






2 comments:

  1. That cover is cool, sorry it was a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before its release I was looking forward for this book but after its release and the big bunch of bad reviews I have read about this book...well... I don't have any desire left to read this one. THank you so much for your honest review! Im glad Im not reading it because if I dont like it, I would write a review about it and it would feel like such a waste of time @_@

    me hugs you big!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone's comments, I read them all. So keep 'em comin ;)