Wednesday 15 June 2011

Bite Club Review


Title: Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires #10)
Author: Rachel Caine
Publication Date: May 3, 2011
Published By: New American Library
Format: Hardcover, 340 pages

Summary
After discovering that vampires populate her town, college student Claire Danvers knows that the undead just want to live their lives. But someone else wants them to get ready to rumble. 
There's a new extreme sport getting picked up on the Internet: bare- knuckle fights pitting captured vampires against each other-or humans. Tracking the remote signal leads Claire- accompanied by her friends and frenemies-to discover that what started as an online brawl will soon threaten everyone in Morganville...

My Thoughts
Oh Man, this is definitely the most emotional installment in The Morganville Vampires series. It had me all sorts of stressed out, there were numerous times where Mr. Shane Collins needed a serious beat down, and I was more than ready to deliver. Then there were the moments when all I wanted to do was cry, then Eve would come to my rescue and make me smile. Claire was fantastic as always the girl just has so much spunk you have to love her. She has to make some seriously tough decisions this time around but she made the right ones on all counts.
One little complaint the story really revolved around only a few of the huge cast of characters. Usually everyone manages to get their part in the story but I found myself missing some of them a little. The storyline was great, Rachel Caine always amazes me how she can write her characters out of ANY dilemma. No matter how much crap the Glass House quad gets into she always finds a way to get them out even though it seems completely hopeless to the reader, she's pretty brilliant that way.
Bite Club was totally awesome I highly recommend it, and every other book in the series. 5 out of 5. Only 4 months and 15 days until the next one, Last Breath GAH!!



*This book was purchased by me.






3 comments:

  1. I wanted to cry so many times, too!!! I'm SO ready for Last Breath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pick and love the layout of your blog!!

    Paranormal Wastelands' WoW
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this series, but it does sound intriguing....

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone's comments, I read them all. So keep 'em comin ;)