Tuesday 10 May 2011

Ultraviolet Review


Title: Ultraviolet
Author:  R.J. Anderson
Publication Date: September 1, 2011
Published By: Orchard
Format: galley

*provided by Netgalley for review

Summary
Once upon a time there was a girl who was special. 
This is not her story. 
Unless you count the part where I killed her. 
Sixteen-year-old Alison has been sectioned in a mental institute for teens, having murdered the most perfect and popular girl at school. But the case is a mystery: no body has been found, and Alison's condition is proving difficult to diagnose. Alison herself can't explain what happened: one minute she was fighting with Tori -- the next she disintegrated. Into nothing. But that's impossible. Right?

My Thoughts
I couldn't finish this book and i don't want to give it a bad review but in the interest of honesty, here goes. I felt like i was reading in circles. The writing was good and the descriptions very detailed but the exciting moments that keep you page turning were too far and few between for me to want to continue. This doesn't happen very often, I have an insatiably curious personality so generally the fact that I've started a book will keep me reading it. All i could think about was just reading something different. I've read quite a few reviews for this book and it's getting a lot of praise, so maybe it's just not my kind of book. The book gets one star simply because i didn't see it through to the end.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the honest review! I got this book from the publisher but am only able to read it on my computer (which I really didn't want to do) so now I won't even waste my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Although you might want to mention that the June 2nd date is the UK release date. The US release date is in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this also and found it a bit difficult to continue on at times. I forced myself to finish. It does actually get better at the end so I'm glad I made my way through it. Maybe do a quick fast forward?

    Here's my review

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean! I had a hard time continuing to read it, too. I did finish it though, so there's another thing that ultimately made me not want to buy it. Oh well :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone's comments, I read them all. So keep 'em comin ;)