Thursday 5 May 2011

Released Review


Tillte: Released (Agents of Evil #1)
Author: Megan Duncan
Publishing Date: April 1,2011
Published By: CreateSpace
Format: ebook

*provided to me by the author for review

Summary
After a demon apocalypse kills their parents and everyone they know, 17-year old Abby Phillips, her brother, Carter, and friend, Max flee their home to travel through what has become the wastelands of America. When radio transmissions of a resistance offering shelter and safety cease, Abby is tempted to give up. Struggling to overcome life-threatening obstacles in their dangerous journey, Abby and her companions quickly discover there are much worse things lurking in the dark then they could have ever imagined.

My Thoughts
I'm going to start with the things i loved about this book. First off Abby, she's tough and determined, a great protagonist. She is the glue holding their small troupe of survivors together. I'd definitely want her shot gun slinging awesomeness on my side in a post apocalyptic demon infested world. The story kept a good pace and kept me interested. 
What I didn't like about the book is I feel like I could've connected better to the characters and their struggle had I been their when the demon apocalypse started, not 4 months after the fact. Even a little more back story on Taya would have been good, it's like she didn't exist before they found her. Also i'm not really clear on exactly what caused all of this, some theories are tossed around but no really solid answers, but maybe that was the authors intention. It is the first in a series so maybe those answers are coming. It was entertaining and gritty and i do plan on reading book two. 3 out of 5



2 comments:

  1. This looks interesting...Abby seems like the type of girl I like reading about...the cover is awesome too...Thanks for heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great review! I really appreciate it! You rock!

    http://meganduncan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone's comments, I read them all. So keep 'em comin ;)