Monday 23 May 2011

Personal Demons Review

Title: Personal Demons (Personal Demons #1)
Publishication Date: September 14, 2010 
Published By:  Tor Teen
Format: Paperback, 365 pages


*This book was purchased by me


Summary
Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked streak. She has spent years keeping everyone at a distance—-even her closest friends—-and it seems as if her senior year is going to be more of the same . . . until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can’t seem to stay away from him. 
What she doesn’t know is that Luc is on a mission. He’s been sent from Hell itself to claim Frannie’s soul. It should be easy—-all he has to do is get her to sin, and Luc is as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn’t stand a chance. But he has to work fast, because if the infernals are after her, the celestials can’t be far behind. And sure enough, it’s not long before the angel Gabriel shows up, willing to do anything to keep Luc from getting what he came for. It isn’t long before they find themselves fighting for more than just Frannie’s soul.
But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay . . . for all of them

My Thoughts
I don't know how I missed this book for as long as I did. I'm so glad I finally bought it beacuse I really enjoyed reading it. 
First off I love unexpected plot twists, and there were a couple here. I think it's just so much better when your thinking, "Ok, I already know where this is headed," then something crazy happens and the book goes in a new direction, bringing the excitement back to the book. 
When I saw the cover I was thinking it has your average damsel in distress struggling to choose between her saviors, not true. Frannie is totally different. First, she isn't helpless, the girl has a black belt in Judo. Second, she's put in this position because of the awesome power she possesses (not telling what it is). Also she's not aware of their actual intentions for a lot of the book, so the boys don't get the added charm of savior in her eyes for quite a while. 
As for the boys, they're nothing alike so you can love them both for different reasons. Luc is a total bad boy. Complete with bad boy car and attitude. Gabe is the guy who is the perfect best friend but too damn hot to keep in the friend zone. In Frannie's shoes I'm positive I never would have made a choice, I'd ride that situation out as long as possible. 
I don't really have much to complain about here, a few small things i guess. Gabe wasn't nearly as present as I think he should have been. Also what's with Frannie's parents, their "feelings" they get around the boys. Something was hinted at there but never explained. There's also a lot of details on the inner workings of Hell and it's creatures but not so much on Heaven, but maybe that's been saved for the sequel. I guess I'll find out. Overall Personal Demons gets 4 out of 5.



*links take you to the books Goodreads page and the authors blog.


3 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed Personal Demons. And, yes, all your questions are answered in the next two bks =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this one!! Checking it out now though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed this...I've been waiting so long for this...I really need to read this...
    Just want to say, I love this blog, the books you review, the layout etc, but whenever I load, the sound of waves crashing is really annoying... is there anyway to stop the widget (not sure which one, it might be the one for silence) from playing sound automatically?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone's comments, I read them all. So keep 'em comin ;)