Monday 2 May 2011

Deadly Little Lies Review

Publication Date: September 21, 2010
Published By: Hyperion Books
Format: Paperback, 320 pages


*purchased by me

Summary
Last fall, sixteen-year-old Camelia fell for Ben, the mysterious new boy at school who turned out to have a very mysterious gift--pyschometry, the ability to sense the future through touch. But just as Camelia and Ben's romance began to heat up, he abruptly left town. Brokenhearted, Camelia has spent the last few months studying everything she can about psychometry, and experiencing her own strange brushes with premonition. Camelia wonders if Ben's abilities have somehow rubbed off on her. Can the power of psychometry be transferred?
Even once Ben returns to school, Camelia can't get close enough to share her secret with him. Despite the romantic tension between them, Ben remains aloof, avoiding contact. Then when an unexpected kiss leads to a frightening argument, Camelia makes the painful decision to let Ben go and move on. Adam, the hot new guy at work, seems good for her in ways Ben wasn't. Adam is easygoing, and seems to really care about her.
But when Camelia and Adam start dating, a surprising love triangle results. A chilling sequence of events upturns secrets from Ben's past and Adam's. Someone is lying, and it’s up to Camelia to figure out who before it’s too late.

My Thoughts
So, i read this book in a little under 12 hours, but i didn't like this one as much as the first. I think it was a mix between my total irritation at Camelia for doubting Ben again (I mean how much more clear could it be that the guys is totally in love with you), and the mystery unfolded in this book much in the same fashion as the first. You get to learn some more about Camelias Aunt Alexia and some possible connections between the two and Kimmie and Wes still never fail to make me lol. If you liked the first book the second is definitely worth reading. 4 out of 5








2 comments:

  1. I've got this but I haven't read it yet. I wasn't a huge fan of the first which really disappointed me as I loved the author's other series (which you should totally check out if you haven't the first book is called blue is for nightmares.) But I'll probably get round to it at some point. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have Deadly Little Secrets first!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone's comments, I read them all. So keep 'em comin ;)