Wednesday 27 April 2011

Spellbound Review


Title: Spellbound
Publication Date: June 21, 2011
Published By: Harlequin Teen
Format: galley

*provided to me by Netgalley for review

Summary
What’s a girl to do when meeting The One means she’s cursed to die a horrible death?
Life hasn’t been easy on sixteen-year-old Emma Conner, so a new start in New York may be just the change she needs. But the posh Upper East Side prep school she has to attend? Not so much. Friendly faces are few and far between, except for one that she’s irresistibly drawn to—Brendan Salinger, the guy with the rock-star good looks and the richest kid in school, who might just be her very own white knight.
But even when Brendan inexplicably turns cold, Emma can’t stop staring. Ever since she laid eyes on him, strange things have been happening. Streetlamps go out wherever she walks, and Emma’s been having the oddest dreams. Visions of herself in past lives—visions that warn her to stay away from Brendan. Or else.


My Thoughts
A super awesome love story. The mere mention of soulmates and I'm all in, I don't stand a chance. The thing I loved most about this story is Emma. There is nothing worse then a book with serious potential that you can't connect with because the protagonist lacks any real character. Not so with Emma she has more then enough of this to go around. She's witty, brave, grounded and loyal to those she loves. Now BRENDAN, where do I find one of these? He's so drool worthy it hurts....literally. Tall, dark, handsome and tough. Seriously, I want one!
Cara Lynn Shultz does an amazing job of creating a teenagers world wihtout coming off preachy or like she can't really put herself in their shoes. The high school atmosphere came out more accurate then a lot of YA I've read. Even stirring up some old memories. The way high school kids ACTUALLY interact with each other. I love love loved this book. And yes there is a sequel, awesome!! Bonus theres a link at the end of the book to download Emma and Brendans Playlists at itunes! A 5 out of 5







4 comments:

  1. Oh my! I'm so excited to read this!!!! I think I'm going to request an ARC. I JUST CAN'T WAIT! Great review :)

    Cory from Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 5 out of 5. Now I really can't wait to read this novel! Glad that the high school and the characters seemed realistic. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one DOES look fab! Glad you gave it an awesome rating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this as a NetGalley, but my stupid cord to my NookColor got messed up and I can't connect it to my PC anymore, so I can't get the ebook on my NookColor, so it's hard to read. :( I ordered a new power kit a few days ago though, so hopefully it arrives soon and I can read it more conveniently! Thanks for the review!

    Oh, I am also your newest follower from the FF this week, so please stop by my blog to follow me back, thanks! :)

    -Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone's comments, I read them all. So keep 'em comin ;)