Wednesday 6 April 2011

Infinity, The Chronicles of Nick Review

Title: Infinity (The Chronicles of Nick #2)
Publication Date: May 25, 2010
Published By: St.Martin's Griffin
Format: Hardcover, 448 pages

*This book was purchased by me

Summary

At fourteen, Nick Gautier thinks he knows everything about the world around him. Streetwise, tough and savvy, his quick sarcasm is the stuff of legends. . .until the night when his best friends try to kill him. Saved by a mysterious warrior who has more fighting skills than Chuck Norris, Nick is sucked into the realm of the Dark-Hunters: immortal vampire slayers who risk everything to save humanity. Nick quickly learns that the human world is only a veil for a much larger and more dangerous one: a world where the captain of the football team is a werewolf and the girl he has a crush on goes out at night to stake the undead. But before he can even learn the rules of this new world, his fellow students are turning into flesh eating zombies. And he’s next on the menu.As if starting high school isn't hard enough. . .now Nick has to hide his new friends from his mom, his chainsaw from the principal, and keep the zombies and the demon Simi from eating his brains, all without getting grounded or suspended. How in the world is he supposed to do that?

My Thoughts
This is the first Sherilyn Kenyon book i've read and needless to say it WILL NOT be the last. I absolutely love Nick. He's witty, brave and as he says " He'd survived too much to just lie down and die like some cheap bimbo in a horror movie. Oh No. He was Nick Gautier. A kid born standing up and talking back." Nick has a well devloped and outsatnding cast of supporting characters all with thier own little stories and backgrounds. The mythology and writing is so well thought out, Mrs.Kenyon doesn't walk you through the story holding your hand and pointing out every little thing so you don't miss it. She gives you the details and you put it together on your own. It's YA but very mature. Exciting and entertaining this is a must read. A 5 out of 5. I'm OBSESSED!












4 comments:

  1. So glad that you enjoyed Kenyon! I'm 5 books into her Dark Hunter series, and haven't taken a moment to stop and read Nick's story (though he's very much so mentioned through the series already), but I do plan on it, and can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoy it! I'm all the way through the Dark Hunter series, and have read the sequel to Infinity
    -Invincible, which is just as good as the first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey again Tristan! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I hope you do end up reading the Dark Hunter series, yes, they are all intertwined! Very exciting stuff! You asked where you can find a blinkie of mine- you can find it here: http://pmtws-designsbysarah.blogspot.com/ (direct url to blinkie is: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/FeryQueen/NEW_DBS_Blog-Blinkie10.gif)

    Hope that helps! :) Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im a new follower. I love sherrilyn Kenyon. She's one of my favs! I havnt read the second Nick book but I am looking forward to it. I definitely say read the dark Hunters, It gives you so much more on Nick to better help you understand the Chronicles.

    Check me out:
    www.jillybsbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone's comments, I read them all. So keep 'em comin ;)