Tuesday 28 February 2012

Waiting On Wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine

Love the cover and love the synopsis, this is gonna be a good one.


Author: Emily Hainsworth
Publication Date: October 2, 2012
Published By: Balzer + Bray

Summary
A romantic sci-fi thriller about love and second chances. 

Camden Pike has been grief-stricken since his girlfriend, Viv, died. Viv was the last good thing in his life: helping him rebuild his identity after a career-ending football injury, picking up the pieces when his home life shattered, and healing his pain long after the pain meds wore off. And now, he’d give anything for one more glimpse of her. But when Cam makes a visit to the site of Viv’s deadly car accident, he sees some kind of apparition. And it isn’t Viv. 

The apparition’s name is Nina, and she’s not a ghost. She’s a girl from a parallel world, and in this world, Viv is still alive. Cam can’t believe his wildest dreams have come true. All he can focus on is getting his girlfriend back, no matter the cost. But things are different in this other world: Viv and Cam have both made very different choices, things between them have changed in unexpected ways, and Viv isn’t the same girl he remembers. Nina is keeping some dangerous secrets, too, and the window between the worlds is shrinking every day. As Cam comes to terms with who this Viv has become, and the part Nina played in his parallel story, he’s forced to choose—stay with Viv or let her go—before the window closes between them once and for all.

Through To You


Basically the cover is freakin gorgeous, the red just jumps out and screams "you want to read me!!"


Title: Breathless
Author: Cole Gibsen
Publication Date: March 27, 2012
Published By: Crescent Moon Press

Summary
Obituary-reading emo girl Edith Small is broken - the end result of forcing herself inside a mold that doesn't fit. All she wants is to conform to her strict sergeant stepfather's rules long enough to make it to graduation day. 

But a boat accident threatens to unravel the life Edith has worked so hard to keep. After waking up in a hospital with a lacerated shoulder, Edith fakes amnesia. Because admitting she received her injuries from a blue-haired girl who breathes underwater is all the reason Sir needs to send Edith on the first bus to military school. 

Safe at home, Edith struggles to put the nightmare behind her. But the mysterious creatures that live in the ocean aren't about to let her forget. 

After meeting Bastin - a strange boy with silver hair and black eyes - on a secluded dock, Edith learns about the war raging undersea to end human existence. A war that Edith, unwittingly, has become the key to winning. 

In a world where death is an ever-present shadow and motives are as dark as the bottom of the ocean, Edith must decide if her life is worth risking for a love that can't survive past the shore.


6 comments:

  1. After just finishing Cole Gibsen's Katana, I will definitely be picking up Breathless!! I think Through to You also looks like an amazing story. I can't wait to read them both!!

    Check out my WOW.

    Emma @ Lost in a YA book

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great picks! I hadn't heard of Breathless before. I'll definitely have to look into it.

    My WoW/WWW

    Happy reading!

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Added to my list! ;)

    Thank you because these two books sound awesome. I'm eager now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! both of these books sound great and the covers are absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooow! Both books look great!! :) I hope you'll get them soon :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, there! Oh, I LOVE both of your choices!! I want "Through to You" so badly!!! It's already in my TBR pile. This is the first time I've heard of the other one, "Breathless", but I want it, too!! Both plots are just fabulous, and I know I'll really enjoy reading them. So thanks for featuring these books!! All I have to do now is add "Breathless" to my TBR pile, as well! : )

    Here's my WOW:

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-30-crystal-gardens.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone's comments, I read them all. So keep 'em comin ;)