Thursday 16 February 2012

Follow Friday


Feature & Follow Friday is hosted by Rachel @ Parajunkee and Alison @ Alison Can Read

This weeks question is:

Q: BeefcakeandBabes Asks: I like unique names for characters and am looking forward to coming up with some when I start writing. What’s the most unique character name you’ve come across?

I just finished Immortal Darkness by Cate Tiernan (which was awesome) and her leads name is Nastasya, but her friends call her Nasty...need I say more? As for original and cool, the protag in Daughter of Smoke and Bone's name is Karou, which I thought was a pretty cool name.  That's about it, with all the books I read I'm finding it hard to remember names lol.

Leave a link to your post and I'll be sure to follow back =D

8 comments:

  1. Nasty might be the best nickname I've ever heard of!! Karou is a pretty sweet name...I have that book sitting on my shelf and I desperately need to get going on it!

    Old follower stopping by...

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks. :) I'm an old follower just hoppin' through. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nasty ... I like it. Anyway, you have a really beautiful blog,very striking. I'm a new follower today, here's mine http://kristyberridge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nasty - LOVE IT! Great choice.
    Here's our FF

    Have a great weekend!

    Jamie @addicted2heroines

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol...Nasty!! And I like Karou!!

    New follower!

    Kristin @ GrowingupYA: http://growingupya.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-fridays-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just hopping by, happy Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/02/feature-follow_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen Karou pop up on a lot of blogs for this FF question! And I have to say, it sounds lovely. But, "Nasty" on the other hand...really? That's so unappealing =[ I feel like I'd have a hard time taking a person nicknamed Nasty seriously, and I feel terribly sorry for her for having such a bad sounding nickname.

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower straggling along trying to get to all the linky's this time even if it takes all week.

    I’m at http://steepedinbooks.blogspot.com

    Nastasya, with nickname of Nasty is a winner. First time I've heard that one.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone's comments, I read them all. So keep 'em comin ;)