Thursday 2 February 2012

Follow Friday


Follow Friday is a weekly hop hosted by Rachel @ Parajunkee and Alison @ Alison Can Read

This weeks question is:
Q: Define what characteristics your favorite books share. Do they all have a kick ass heroine or is the hot love interest the Alpha Male?

Almost all of my favorite books fall into the paranormal genre, even if it's not the main one, there is some element of otherness. I am also a huge sucker for the Alpha male, if there is a love triangle it's highly unlikely I fall on the side of the nice, supportive, friend guy. I like them tall, dark, broody and over the top confident. I figure this is due to my own Alpha femaleness (is that a word?), I can't get down with a push over,  I'd Black Widow the poor bugger. I NEVER love a book with a weak female lead, they make me want to gouge my eyes out. Women should be strong and confident in their own abilities, no crybabies here please. That's about it, Leave a link to your post so I can visit and follow back, and have a wicked awesome weekend ;)

9 comments:

  1. I agree, no weak females. Especially if they cry a lot. UGH. Like Sookie Stackhouse.
    Old follower
    My Friday hops

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like paranormal/fantasy books--it's certainly the genre I read most. New follower! Reading to Penguins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome answer! I'm lovin' your blog layout. Very cool.

    Have a great weekend!

    Amber
    The Musings of ALMYBNENR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh!!!!! I SOOOO totally agree with EVERYTHING you just said. You just took the words out of my mouth. A strong woman and a confident guy... that's a potion for a HOT time. lol.

    You can find my FF here! CLICKY HERE! =D

    and enter my 300 Follower Giveaway here! CLICKY HERE! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by - always happy to return the visit.

    I agree, a weak character can completely destroy a book. I don't mind if they start out weak, but grow and develop throughout the story, but don't rely on pity and sorrow to carry me through to the end.

    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree it's quite the same for me. great answer.

    old follower

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so true how I'm the alpha female as well so I also need an alpha male because he'll end up being walked all over as well lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kick ass heroines for me, all the way!
    Just hopping here, if you want to you can visit me at http://3500wordsperpound.blogspot.com
    Write on!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone's comments, I read them all. So keep 'em comin ;)