Tuesday 24 January 2012

Waiting On Wednesday


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine

I am starving for Dystopian, I have a mind to go max my credit card on them, that's all I seem to want to read these days. So in keeping with the theme, I am DYING for these books.


Author: Galaxy Craze
Publication Date: May 8, 2012
Published By: Poppy

Summary
Happily ever after is a thing of the past.
The year is 2090. 
England is a barren land. Food is rationed. Oil has decimated the oceans. The people are restless.
A ruthless revolutionary enacts a plan to destroy the royal family, and in a moment, the king is dead. His heiress, Princess Mary, and her brother, Jamie, have been abducted, and no one knows their fate. Princess Eliza Windsor barely escapes, and finds herself scared and lost in London's dangerous streets.
With a mind for revenge and the safe recovery of her siblings, Eliza joins the enemy forces in disguise. There she is tempted by her first taste of independence -- and true love. Ultimately she must summon her courage and fight to ensure that she does not become... The Last Princess.

The Last Princess




Title: Glitch (Glitch #1)
Author: Heather Anastasiu
Publication Date: August 7, 2012
Published By: St. Martin's Press

Summary
In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.

When Zoe starts to malfunction (or "glitch"), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.

As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.


Glitch (Glitch, #1)


What are you waiting on??


13 comments:

  1. these covers are really pretty and they match your layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my choice a couple weeks ago. I love the sound of the story and the cover. Can't wait!

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am waiting on BOTH of those books! Great picks! Happy reading :)

    Here's the link to my first ever WOW...

    http://notyourmothersbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. These both look fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST - and here’s
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice choices - The Last Princess is on my wishlist too :)


    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the first I've heard of GLITCH -- it sounds awesome! :)

    My WoW, and info on Project Tell Taylor if you're interested in joining! --> http://blog.michellemadow.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-fear-by-michael.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to read The Last Princess. I love dystopia and added it to the TBR earlier today. Great choice.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sounds awesome. Sounds like a cool mix between the films -> The Matrix and Equilibrium. Great WoW, choice and I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glitch is one I just heard about last week, and I'm looking forward to it too. I'm a new follower. Check out my WOW here: http://misclisa.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-white-glove-war.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic covers for both books. Galaxy Craze seems like such an odd name... I'm suspicious of this book (like I'm one to talk, with my unusual name) but the description (and the beautiful cover) have definitely got me interested.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Last Princess looks amazing! I can't wait to read it. :)

    I've awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! To claim it, visit: http://wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com/2012/01/two-time-versatile-blogger-award-winner.html

    Alexandra~

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone's comments, I read them all. So keep 'em comin ;)