Wednesday 11 January 2012

Fragile Eternity Review


Title: Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely #3)
Author: Melissa Marr
Publication date: January 1, 2009
Published By: HarperCollins
Format: Hardcover, 389 pages

*I purchased this book*

Summary
Aislinn never expected to rule in Faerie--but that was before Keenan stole her mortality to make her a monarch. Now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she'd ever dreamed of. 

Seth never expected he would want to settle down with anyone--but that was before Aislinn. She is everything he's ever dreamed of, and he wants to be with her forever. Forever takes on a new meaning, though, when your girlfriend is an immortal faery queen.

My Thoughts
Fragile Eternity restored my faith in the Wicked Lovely series, loved the first book, didn't care for the second. In this book you get a closer look at faerie politics and the inner workings of the courts, an introduction to the High Court and a glimpse into the Realm of Faerie, and the reigning Queen Sorcha. The politics in Fragile Eternity are now more twisted than ever with Keegan being the Summer King, but in love with Donia the Winter Queen, and Aislinn the Summer Queen who's in love with the mortal Seth, who  also happens to best friends with the King of the Dark Court, Niall. Then you have Bananach, who is essentially the incarantion of war whispering in everyone's ear. To say things are complicated is an understatement, but that's what keeps it interesting.
The return of Seth as main character is a high point for me since he stole my heart from the beginning. You get to learn a lot more about him and his past, and how he became the man he is. Some parts were a little heartbreaking to read, with Seth starting to understand the full impact of being in love with an immortal, he starts to doubt himself and his role in Aislinn's life. Seth being the extremely confident and care free guy he is, it made me a little sad. Even Keenan had me feeling bad for him, despite his usual arrogance he opens up a lot more and let's Aislinn see a different side of him. This was the best thing about the book, the characters were really pushed to their limits and had their strengths tested. It was interesting to see how they all dealt with each other and the impossible circumstance they've been thrust into. I'm really glad I decided to continue reading the series after my my disappointment in Ink Exchange. Who am I kidding? I knew Seth was coming back to the forefront of the story so I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Fragile Eternity get 5 out of 5.




Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, #3)


3 comments:

  1. Argh! I've been trying to decide whether I should read this series or not. Maybe one of these days I'll pick up the first one at the library and see what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started reading this one but I got kinda lost because I was supposed to read Ink Exchange first (though I tried to read it but couldnt finish it XD) SO here I am stuck! lol. I love when characters are pushed to their limits! that makes them evolve for sure XDDD

    Great review my dear Tristan! =) muah!!!!

    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone's comments, I read them all. So keep 'em comin ;)