Wednesday 28 December 2011

Touch of Frost Review


Title: A Touch Of Frost (Mythos Academy #1)
Author: Jennifer Estep
Publication Date: July 26, 2011
Published By: Kensington
Format: Paperback, 350 pages

*I purchased this book*

Summary
My name is Gwen Frost, and I go to Mythos Academy — a school of myths, magic and warrior whiz kids, where even the lowliest geek knows how to chop off somebody's head with a sword and Logan Quinn, the hottest Spartan guy in school, also happens to be the deadliest.
But lately, things have been weird, even for Mythos. First, mean girl Jasmine Ashton was murdered in the Library of Antiquities. Then, someone stole the Bowl of Tears, a magical artifact that can be used to bring about the second Chaos War. You know, death, destruction and lots of other bad, bad things. Freaky stuff like this goes on all the time at Mythos, but I'm determined to find out who killed Jasmine and why—especially since I should have been the one who died. . .

My Thoughts
Loved this book! Gwen has one of the most engaging voices I've read, she pulls you into her story with total ease, it really makes you feel like a part of it, I physically could not set this one down. It's a mix of crime thriller, romance, and urban fantasy all put together with awesome writing. The mythology in the book is way cool and really plays up the ass kicking, girl power goddesses, and has all kinds of hot warrior dudes, so you really can't go wrong.
Gwen is a gypsy with Psychometry, meaning she can touch a personal item and know everything about you. Which can be awesome, like it's easy to find things out about people, but really crappy too, like how do you get close to someone and not learn all their dirty little secrets? She always has to be wary of who and what she touches. The thing I loved most about Gwen though is she doesn't realize how awesome she is, in the face of all the crazy going on, she's the one who's brave and puts herself out there, and she's wildly resourceful. In a school where a girl is murdered and no one bats an eye she takes it upon herself to figure out what's going on because even if said girl was a total bitch, Gwen knows she deserves some justice. She's like Mythos Academy's very own Nancy Drew. She even gets help from Daphne, a former Mean Girls pack member through blackmail.  That paired with her witty comments and sarcasm, I'm pretty sure I had a grin through the whole book. Then there's the Spartan Logan, who is sooooo drool worthy, he smiles when he gets into a death match with a beast killing machine, that's just down right awesome. Plus there is just something about a guy who is rumored to sign the mattresses of the plethora of girl's he's been with, douchey? Yes, but it makes you curious right?  Touch of Frost was a really fun book to read and I definitely recommend it, 5 out 5!

Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1)



2 comments:

  1. Dang you, Tristan! Now I want to read this one too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I never read Nancy Drew but I totally want to check this one out! aaaah! WHy have I not read it yet?? why!!!

    Love your review my dear! muah!!
    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone's comments, I read them all. So keep 'em comin ;)