Wednesday 14 December 2011

Ink Exchange Review


Title: Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely #2)
Auhtor: Melissa Marr
Publication Date: May 1st, 2008
Published By: Harper Teen
Format: Paperback, 325 pages

*I purchased this book*

Summary
To 17-year-old Leslie, the tattoo is a thing of indescribable beauty, a captivating mark that she must make her own. But this subtle web of eyes and wings brings with it a transformation that no sweet young girl would ever imagine or welcome. Like its predecessor, this stand-alone sequel toWicked Lovely plunges its youthful heroine into a faery world of almost constant peril. A tantalizing urban fantasy that won't let go.

My Thoughts
I was disappointed by this book, Melissa Marr's amazing writing saved it from getting a worse rating because despite my qualms, she still knows how to tell a story.
My biggest issue with Ink Exchange is Leslie. She really doesn't shine for me in anyway, and I couldn't relate to her.She does way too much complaining and not enough thinking. Taking stock of her situation and actually questioning the strange circumstance in her life would have saved her from a lot of heartache, she constantly brushed things off and attributed the happenings to her "imagination". Eventually her stubbornness to see the truth wore on me and I just stopped liking her altogether.
Aislinn also got under my skin, she's Leslie's supposed best friend but her choice to keep Leslie in the dark about faeries just made her friends situation worse. Had she offered some truth and support things could have a gone a different way. She was a totally negligent friend.
Two characters I did enjoy were Niall and Irial, they had a lot more depth and an intriguing history. I'd much rather read a book about the past these two shared.
And alas, there was not enough Seth. I missed him and I'll be reading Fragile Eternity soon in hopes of getting a better fix. Ink Exchange gets three stars.

1 comments:

  1. I loved Wicked Lovely and probably moreso for Seth, so I'm disappointed there isn't much of him here. I've been putting off continuing the series because I heard this one was more of a companion than a sequel. Hope the next one is better.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone's comments, I read them all. So keep 'em comin ;)