Monday 4 July 2011

Forgotten Review

Title: Forgotten 
  Author: Cat Patrick
Publication Date: June 7, 2011
Published By: Little, Brown
Format: Hardcover, 288 pages

*I borrowed this book from the library

Summary
Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future. 

Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies.

My Thoughts
Forgotten was a very intriguing and fun read. the whole idea of the book is really cool and it reeled me right in. The characters and story were well written and there are unexpected plot twists which are always good, they keep you interested.
London forgets her day every morning at 4:33 am so she has virtually no past, but even weirder is she remembers her future the way we do our past. She recalls random snippets and details of certain events. I thought this was going to be hard to follow but it's written really well and I had no problems following it at all. I also had no idea how completely I take knowing what I did yesterday for granted, even small things like who I talked to or what I wore. You really feel for London's character because such small and trivial tasks become difficult for her. For example on her last day of school she has no idea what classes she takes or where her locker is because she has no future to "remember" these things by. She does have help though from her mother and her best friend Jamie, the only people who know of her condition. She also writes notes to herself each night on things she can't forget.
This brain malfunction does have it's little upsides though, like Luke. He's totally sweet and adorable and not the usual bad boy YA love interest. The bad thing is that she forgets him everyday but it's also kind of a good thing. She gets to rediscover him everyday and never get that sense of boredom. Her reaction to him each morning is actually kind of funny.
This was a quick easy read and is one of my favourite releases this year, I'm giving Forgotten 4 out of 5.




3 comments:

  1. OMG I loved this book! Great review :D

    Btw, Happy 4th of July! Don't be a stranger; stop by my blog and say hi!

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Cory @ Anti-Drug Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! I heard bad things and I was really looking forward to this one so I'm glad other people liked it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate everyone's comments, I read them all. So keep 'em comin ;)